After struggling with generic crochet hooks for months I decided I’d had enough and would buy some new ones. As my KnitPro knitty sticks and circs have been so good, I bought a couple of their crochet hooks.
They crochet like a dream, no more fighting with splitty yarn, they just glide through the stitches. The handle is nice and soft, and they’re small enough to fit in my hand, perfect.
And now to new butterflies, I’ve completely rewritten the Butterfly Cluster Square in three colours instead of two, it is a bit more fiddly to crochet, but I think it’s worth it. Here’s the before and after pics…
Butterfly Cluster Square – before
Butterfly Cluster Square – after
With the new design it’s much easier to join squares together to make a blankie or shawl or…whatever you desire 🙂
I’ve also finished another three of my free patterns, Laura’s Motif, Faith’s Motif and Juliet’s Motif.
I shall now take a well earned break before doing any more work…I’ve got a wall that needs painting…cobwebs to hoover…cakes to bake…cat to fuss…
First of all I would like to say an epic thank you to Kim Guzman for featuring my Henrietta’s Motif on her website, Make It Crochet. And an equally big thank you to the thousands of
hookers crocheters who’ve downloaded the pattern, and those who just started following our ‘umble craft blog 🙂
Now to ‘To Do’s’, as mentioned in previous posts, I’m in the middle of reworking some of my older designs, Henrietta’s Motif was in the process of being done when it suddenly hit dizzying heights of popularity. So if you downloaded the earlier version, you might wish to try the new improved one instead. Along with Henrietta’s Motif, I also updated Kira’s Motif, and decided to keep the names the same. I’ve a few more Motifs to do, then a few other designs, and by popular request, I need to work out a way to join Henrietta’s Motif as part of the pattern.
As if that wasn’t enough to keep me out of trouble for a while, I’ve still got some knitting to work on, and thanks to Kim Guzman’s book on Tunisian Crochet, I’d like to finesse my techniques a little further.
Once my new yarn arrives, I shall be crocheting like a woman possessed…well if I can stop watching the French Open for long enough!
Slowly, very slowly, (weather gets hotter…I get slower) I’m working on some more reworking of motifs. The main problem is renaming, both me and Chris are getting old, grey cells a bit faded, and brainstorming new names is a wee bit tougher than it used to be!!
When I’d finished re-crocheting ‘Dixie’s Motif’, I could not think of a name, after several days of ‘umming and arring’, Chris made the decision for me. “A Round Tuit” he said, almost gleefully, I snorted derisively, then when he explained that I will eventually get around to naming it, it made sense. And so it is!
Dixie’s Motif is now A Round Tuit
A Round Tuit
Emma’s Motif is now Orangery
Gracie’s Motif is now Hexaflora
Back in January 2015 I had a design frenzy, the only problem was, I had no idea what to call the patterns. As they were all generally motifs, I decided to give them girls names, from A to Z. I got to L before my crochet mojo left the building. I now realise that the last ones will never be designed and its been holding me back.
So I could either delete the patterns…or re-crochet and rename them, and that is what I’m in the middle of doing. So apologies if I cause any confusion in the process, but I shall do further posts as I progress detailing what the motifs were and what they have been renamed. Assuming of course I don’t lose my mojo again, it’s such a fragile thing and needs long vacations in Tahiti…which I believe is a magical place…according to Phil Coulson…anyway back to crocheting!
Amelia’s Motif is now Vintage Star Doily.
Vintage Star Doily
Bella’s Border Motif is now Gerbera Lace Border.
Bella’s Border Motif
Gerbera Lace Border
Caroline’s Granny Square Motif is now Cotton Candy Granny Square
Caroline’s Granny Square Motif
Cotton Candy Granny Square
Imogen’s Motif is now Barleycorn Motif.
I’ve done some more updating of my older crochet patterns. This time it was Myrtle In The Round, Epic Picot Hexagon, Granny Was Framed, Samosa Purse and Octagonal Flower.
And once again, here are the before and afters! All these patterns are FREE 🙂
Myrtle In The Round – before
Myrtle In The Round – after
Epic Picot Hexagon – before
Epic Picot Hexagon – after
Granny Was Framed – before
Granny Was Framed – after
Samosa Purse – before
Samosa Purse – after
Octagonal Flower – before
Octagonal Flower – after
Back in October 2013 I published my first crochet pattern, Spring Greens Coaster. It’s always bothered me that back in the day, I mainly used acrylic, before the allergies kicked in.
So I’ve decided to go back and re-crochet some of my earlier patterns in quality cotton yarn, take some clearer photos, and make any amendments where necessary. I do not want to change the patterns, I want them to serve as a record of my earliest work, I’ve just clarified a few details.
Apart from the Spring Greens Coaster, so far I’ve also updated Rambling Wildflower and Dragon Claws. Here are some before and after photos, I hope it shows clearly that I have improved somewhat over the years! These may be FREE patterns, but I still put as much effort into making them look nice 🙂
Spring Greens Coaster – before
Spring Greens Coaster – after
Rambling Wildflower – before
Rambling Wildflower – after
Dragon Claws – before
Dragon Claws – after