The Long Slow Process of Updating Patterns

I’ve been putting off a thorough re-design of my patterns for some time, I put new covers on a while ago, but I knew more was needed. A lot of patterns have way too many pages, so I’ve opted for a 2-column design, the free patterns no longer have a cover so the pattern starts immediately. The patterns for sale now start with a picture and materials required on the first, the actual pattern starting on the second page. Some patterns have gone down from 9 pages to 4, oh my goodness, serious bloat!!

Here’s a gallery of the front covers so far…hopefully it shouldn’t take much longer, as I’m in the middle of a personal project that I can’t wait to share, and I’ve got an ever increasing list of ideas, including something to do with bat wings!!

Advertisements

Only 150 days until . . .

Chris started it, I wasn’t even thinking about…erm…*whispers* Christmas, ย he decided he’d like to knit a scarf, I nonchalantly suggested he might knit one for Mater & Pater, well two obviously, but I meant one each. Before I knew what was happening, Chris had chosen the yarn he’d like to use, I’d ordered it, the yarn arrived and he set forth with gusto!

In the meantime I wondered what delights I could make, and decided to crochet some bath puffs, well actually shower puffs as Mater & Pater don’t have a bath, weird I know, but like us, they are, weird I mean ๐Ÿ™‚

So I turned to my favourite puff pattern, Bath Puff & Back Scrubber by Priscilla Hewitt, I’ve never bothered doing my own pattern as there are so many already available, in my opinion, this design in quick and easy, perfect. Now all I had to do was choose my yarn, in the end I couldn’t decided on a colour, so I made two puffs each for Mater & Pater in the wonderful Sugar n Cream Ombres.

And here are the finished puffs…

Many thanks to Chris for doing the lettering for the colourways of the yarn, and talking of Bloke, will he be sharing pics of his scarves? You’ll have to wait and see ๐Ÿ™‚

New Hooks and Butterflies!

After struggling with generic crochet hooks for months I decided I’d had enough and would buy some new ones. As my KnitPro knitty sticks and circs have been so good, I bought a couple of their crochet hooks.


They crochet like a dream, no more fighting with splitty yarn, they just glide through the stitches. The handle is nice and soft, and they’re small enough to fit in my hand, perfect.

And now to new butterflies, I’ve completely rewritten the Butterfly Cluster Square in three colours instead of two, it is a bit more fiddly to crochet, but I think it’s worth it. Here’s the before and after pics…

With the new design it’s much easier to join squares together to make a blankie or shawl or…whatever you desire ๐Ÿ™‚

I’ve also finished another three of my free patterns, Laura’s Motif, Faith’s Motif and Juliet’s Motif.

I shall now take a well earned break before doing any more work…I’ve got a wall that needs painting…cobwebs to hoover…cakes to bake…cat to fuss…

To Do’s & Thank You’s

First of all I would like to say an epic thank you to Kim Guzman for featuring my Henrietta’s Motif on her website, Make It Crochet. And an equally big thank you to the thousands of hookers crocheters who’ve downloaded the pattern, and those who just started following our ‘umble craft blog ๐Ÿ™‚

Now to ‘To Do’s’, as mentioned in previous posts, I’m in the middle of reworking some of my older designs, Henrietta’s Motif was in the process of being done when it suddenly hit dizzying heights of popularity. So if you downloaded the earlier version, you might wish to try the new improved one instead. Along with Henrietta’s Motif, I also updated Kira’s Motif, and decided to keep the names the same. I’ve a few more Motifs to do, then a few other designs, and by popular request, I need to work out a way to join Henrietta’s Motif as part of the pattern.

As if that wasn’t enough to keep me out of trouble for a while, I’ve still got some knitting to work on, and thanks to Kim Guzman’s book on Tunisian Crochet, I’d like to finesse my techniques a little further.

Once my new yarn arrives, I shall be crocheting like a woman possessed…well if I can stop watching the French Open for long enough!

More motif changes!

Slowly, very slowly, (weather gets hotter…I get slower) I’m working on some more reworking of motifs. The main problem is renaming, both me and Chris are getting old, grey cells a bit faded, and brainstorming new names is a wee bit tougher than it used to be!!

When I’d finished re-crocheting ‘Dixie’s Motif’, I could not think of a name, after several days of ‘umming and arring’, Chris made the decision for me. “A Round Tuit” he said, almost gleefully, I snorted derisively,ย then when he explained that I will eventually get around to naming it, it made sense. And so it is!

Dixie’s Motif is now A Round Tuit

Emma’s Motif is now Orangery

Gracie’s Motif is now Hexaflora

The Curious Case of the Disappearing Motifs

Back in January 2015ย I had a design frenzy, the only problem was, I had no idea what to call the patterns. As they were all generally motifs, I decided to give them girls names, from A to Z. I got to L before my crochet mojo left the building. I now realise that the last ones will never be designed and its been holding me back.

So I could either delete the patterns…or re-crochet and rename them, and that is what I’m in the middle of doing. So apologies if I cause any confusion in the process, but I shall do further posts as I progress detailing what the motifs were and what they have been renamed. Assuming of course I don’t lose my mojo again, it’s such a fragile thing and needs long vacations in Tahiti…which I believe is a magical place…according to Phil Coulson…anyway back to crocheting!

Amelia’s Motif is now Vintage Star Doily.

Bella’s Border Motif is now Gerbera Lace Border.


Caroline’s Granny Square Motif is now Cotton Candy Granny Square.

Imogen’s Motif is now Barleycorn Motif.