I’ve been putting off a thorough re-design of my patterns for some time, I put new covers on a while ago, but I knew more was needed. A lot of patterns have way too many pages, so I’ve opted for a 2-column design, the free patterns no longer have a cover so the pattern starts immediately. The patterns for sale now start with a picture and materials required on the first, the actual pattern starting on the second page. Some patterns have gone down from 9 pages to 4, oh my goodness, serious bloat!!
Here’s a gallery of the front covers so far…hopefully it shouldn’t take much longer, as I’m in the middle of a personal project that I can’t wait to share, and I’ve got an ever increasing list of ideas, including something to do with bat wings!!
I thought it was time to rework/redesign Granny’s Reticule, my intention was to use Twilleys Freedom Echo dk, 100% recycled cotton, I’d won the bid for it on eBay which suprised me, but I think it was because the yarn was listed as Blue, I’ve always thought of it as Denim, I’m convinced Denim sells better than Blue!!
As I worked through the design, I quickly realised that it was something new, and absolutely nothing to do with the Reticule! Initially it was going to be a bag, but that didn’t feel right, and as it slowly morphed into some kind of decorative piece, I really wasn’t sure, but I mumbled something about a pot, to which Chris smartly replied “a yacht pot.”, and so the design was born!
It’s crocheted all in one, from pot through to the liner and requires some cardboard to give it shape, charts are included, and like Pandora’s Purse, it utilises the modified single crochet stitch. I’m quite chuffed with the end result and am now keen to design more pots!
Denim Yacht Pot – Side A
Denim Yacht Pot – Side B
Denim Yacht Pot – Inside
Yes there are 3 different yachts, not two different pots!
DK weight yarn in Blue, Red & White
Sample used –
1 ball (50g 100m/109yds) freedom echo d.k. in Blue
½ ball (50g 115m/126yds) Gruendl Cotton Fun in Red
1½ balls (50g 92m/100yds) Stylecraft Cotton DK Classique in White
5”/13cm circle of cardboard
15”/39cm x 4”/11cm rectangle of cardboard
Approximately 5”/13cm diameter, 4.5”/11cm high
Chris started it, I wasn’t even thinking about…erm…*whispers* Christmas, he decided he’d like to knit a scarf, I nonchalantly suggested he might knit one for Mater & Pater, well two obviously, but I meant one each. Before I knew what was happening, Chris had chosen the yarn he’d like to use, I’d ordered it, the yarn arrived and he set forth with gusto!
In the meantime I wondered what delights I could make, and decided to crochet some bath puffs, well actually shower puffs as Mater & Pater don’t have a bath, weird I know, but like us, they are, weird I mean 🙂
So I turned to my favourite puff pattern, Bath Puff & Back Scrubber by Priscilla Hewitt, I’ve never bothered doing my own pattern as there are so many already available, in my opinion, this design in quick and easy, perfect. Now all I had to do was choose my yarn, in the end I couldn’t decided on a colour, so I made two puffs each for Mater & Pater in the wonderful Sugar n Cream Ombres.
And here are the finished puffs…
Many thanks to Chris for doing the lettering for the colourways of the yarn, and talking of Bloke, will he be sharing pics of his scarves? You’ll have to wait and see 🙂
Hand knitted versions of six Lincolnshire parish churches will go on display at Lincoln Cathedral in August.
The knitted churches have all been hand-crafted by community groups as part of the artsNK managed Woolly Spires project and will be on display from August 1 to 30.
The exhibition includes one church from each district of Lincolnshire: St Denys’, Sleaford; St Mary & St Nicolas, Spalding; St Botolph’s (the Stump), Boston; St James’, Louth; St Wulfram’s, Grantham; and St Mary’s (Stow Minster), Stow.
I decided to update the pattern for the Rustic Coin Purse design, except the update turned into a complete re-design! I’ve kept the listing for the old design, but renamed the new one to avoid confusion.
Chris can take the credit for the new name, he was knitting with neon acrylic yarn at the time, I think it affected his brain, certainly affected my eyesight and I only glanced at it! But I digress, here is the new design, Nova Rusticana Purse, enjoy 🙂
I first released the pattern for the Raspberry Ripple bag in 2013, it’s one of my favourites, but I didn’t do it full justice at the time because I used *whispers* acrylic yarn...I wasn’t too impressed with the original pic either, so a new one was taken in 2016…
Well there is now a new improved version I’m much happier with, the pattern didn’t need any alteration, but I tweaked a few things, like crocheting in the round rather than joining rows. And here is the new cotton version…