Slowly, very slowly, (weather gets hotter…I get slower) I’m working on some more reworking of motifs. The main problem is renaming, both me and Chris are getting old, grey cells a bit faded, and brainstorming new names is a wee bit tougher than it used to be!!
When I’d finished re-crocheting ‘Dixie’s Motif’, I could not think of a name, after several days of ‘umming and arring’, Chris made the decision for me. “A Round Tuit” he said, almost gleefully, I snorted derisively, then when he explained that I will eventually get around to naming it, it made sense. And so it is!
Back in January 2015 I had a design frenzy, the only problem was, I had no idea what to call the patterns. As they were all generally motifs, I decided to give them girls names, from A to Z. I got to L before my crochet mojo left the building. I now realise that the last ones will never be designed and its been holding me back.
So I could either delete the patterns…or re-crochet and rename them, and that is what I’m in the middle of doing. So apologies if I cause any confusion in the process, but I shall do further posts as I progress detailing what the motifs were and what they have been renamed. Assuming of course I don’t lose my mojo again, it’s such a fragile thing and needs long vacations in Tahiti…which I believe is a magical place…according to Phil Coulson…anyway back to crocheting!
Back in October 2013 I published my first crochet pattern, Spring Greens Coaster. It’s always bothered me that back in the day, I mainly used acrylic, before the allergies kicked in.
So I’ve decided to go back and re-crochet some of my earlier patterns in quality cotton yarn, take some clearer photos, and make any amendments where necessary. I do not want to change the patterns, I want them to serve as a record of my earliest work, I’ve just clarified a few details.
Apart from the Spring Greens Coaster, so far I’ve also updated Rambling Wildflower and Dragon Claws. Here are some before and after photos, I hope it shows clearly that I have improved somewhat over the years! These may be FREE patterns, but I still put as much effort into making them look nice 🙂
I actually started work on this design over a year ago, then got distracted by knitting, as one does!
There is absolutely no sewing involved, well apart from weaving in loose ends, it is crocheted from the base in the round, and then the handle is worked from side to side. The basket weave pattern is a combination of the crochet knit stitch and working in the back loops.